Every Wednesday, 1:00 PM - 4:00 PM
First Presbyterian Church of Ukiah exists...
“..to share the love and truth of Jesus Christ with each other, our community and the world." Matthew 28:18-20
- Jesus Christ is the head of the church by the plan of God.
- Christ calls the Church into being, and gives it what is necessary to succeed in its mission in the world.
- Christ gives to the church its faith and life, its unity and its mission.
Our understanding of God and the life of faith in Jesus is expressed through the Great Ends of the Church:
- The proclamation of the Gospel for the salvation of humankind (Preaching, Evangelism, Mission and Outreach)
- The shelter, nurture and spiritual fellowship of the children of God (Christian Education, Relational Ministry, Hospitality)
- The maintenance of divine worship (Corporate and Personal Worship)
- The preservation of truth (Biblical teaching, Intentional Christ-centered living)
- The promotion of social righteousness (Caring for all people living in poverty, hardship and injustice; Breaking down racial, gender and religious walls of separation)
- The exhibition of the Kingdom of Heaven to the World (Living in harmony with all children of God, and sharing the love of Christ in action and word with all the world).